Who can NOT benefit from the services of In Your Home Physical Therapy ...
- Patients who are homebound. See below for Homebound Criteria.
- Patients who have no desire to walk better or walk again (e.g. prefer a
- Patients who prefer equipment-based (sitting/lying) training instead of functional-based (upright) training (i.e. doing knee extensions and leg presses vs stairs, lunges, mini squats)
- Patients who prefer an open gym setting.
Homebound Criteria (from CMS):
To be homebound a doctor must certify that you’re homebound. To be homebound means the following:
- Leaving your home isn’t recommended because of your condition.
- Your condition keeps you from leaving home without help.
- Leaving home takes a considerable and taxing effort.
A person may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, such as attending religious services. You can still get home health care services in your home if you attend adult day care.