Why to Refer to Us ...
In Your Home Physical Therapy is the only outpatient physical therapy provider in our area that is:
- Exclusively focusing on the geriatric population
- Specializing in balance, dizziness and gait dysfunction. We have advanced training and skill to provide the most effective treatment to produce the best possible result.
- All of the testing and treatment is provided in the comfort and convenience of the patient's home.
The potential benefits of our Balance Improvement and Fall Prevention Program to the patient:
- Reduced risk for falling
- Reduced fear-of-falling
- Reduce serious fall-related injuries
- Reduce emergency department visits
- Reduce hospitalizations
- Reduce nursing home placements
- Improved balance
- Higher physical activity levels
- Improved confidence in balance
- Improved health-related quality of life
We are the only outpatient physical therapy services company whose Falls Prevention Program was created following the American Geriatrics Society/British Geriatrics Society Clinical Practice Guideline for Prevention of Falls in Older Persons (2010), and endorsed by the American College of Emergency Physicians, the American Medical Association, the American Occupational Therapy Association and the American Physical Therapy Association. Our program is up to date for superior fall risk managment and reduced risk for falls.
Other reasons to refer:
- Healthier patients – because they have the skill and confidence to move more. May also help with management of diabetes, HTN, depression, etc.
- More time for you. Reducing the risk for a fall can save you the time associated with calls, hospital visits and staff time sending and receiving information that typically occur after a patient falls.
- Secured Personal Information – we employ the services of web based technology that utilizes the same safety measures as online banking. Your patients medical records and personal information is safe.
- Simple paperwork. In Your Home Physical Therapy requires less paperwork than home care companies and the same amount as traditional outpatient physical therapy clinics.
- Clear and concise patient reports. Get the relevant information you
- Easy to refer Medicare patients. In Your Home Physical Therapy is a participating provider with Medicare and other insurances.